Keystone Wildflowers is committed to keeping you and our family safe during this time. Please see the following note sent to our customers and friends via email on March 18, 2020.
We hope you are doing well despite the unusual start to spring. With the spread of COVID-19, we find ourselves in a time of global uncertainty. In many ways, we are rather lucky we live on-site at the nursery, and our plants are grown nestled in the woods, far away from crowds. Our heart goes out to small businesses, and people everywhere impacted.
The health and safety of you and everyone in our family is our priority. So, here is our plan for handling the upcoming season:
- Appointment only – Typically, our business operates by appointment only to give each individual our attention and care. This will not change.
- Events – Our event schedule will likely change as the season progresses. If our scheduled outdoor plant sales are canceled, we plan to open the nursery on weekends.
- Our 20th anniversary – As of now, we are celebrating our 20th anniversary on Saturday, April 18, from 9 am to 2 pm. We have increased our stock and have many new plants available this year. While we do not expect a large crowd, we will be encouraging attendees to practice social distancing. We will no longer have food available due to government direction to limit food sharing. Please check our Facebook event for updates.
- Contactless plant orders – Our availability list is now available online. You may download it and submit an order via our contact form, email or phone at 610-750-4186. We will confirm your order and request payment via PayPal. Upon receipt of payment, we will assemble your order. You can then pick up your plant order with minimal in-person interaction at our nursery.
- Distancing – We will greet visitors verbally, but will not shake hands. We will also maintain a safe distance of 6 feet as we interact with you.
- Hygiene – We will be washing our hands often to keep ourselves and others safe.
Our hope is Keystone Wildflowers’ continued operation will help you safely enjoy the outdoors and give you respite from social isolation. We understand this situation brings a lot of anxiety due to its rapidly changing nature. We are closely monitoring its status and will do our best to share only necessary updates if things change. We’re all in this together. Please stay safe.
Wishing you the best,
Bill Hofmann and family